2007年11月20日火曜日

Homework#4

1. Time is money.
I think this proverb is very popular. This means that "you shouldn't miss a chance!". If you miss the chance, you couldn't get money. You have to fence the chance. In Japanese proverb, this is "Toki ha kane nari". I think so.

2. A stitch in time saves nine.
This means "it's better to do as soon as possible before it's too late." In Japanese proverb, this is "Korobanu saki no tue". I always think so but I always postpone to the last moment.

3. There's no time like the present.
This means " you should do now!" When I go shopping, I often think so. If I don't get it now, I would miss it!"

4. Fashionable late.
If you are in a miniskirt and wear boots with a thick sole, this style is very old-fashoned. Because this style became fashionable about 10 years ago in Japan and it died now.

6 件のコメント:

ddcgc donardo さんのコメント...

Hi.
you said "if you miss the chance, you couldn't get money." about the proverb; time is money on your blog. My opinion about it is different from yours a little. I think it's kind of figures of speech. I wonder time is not relevant to money...What do you think about that?

☆Shooting-Star★ さんのコメント...

Hi. I like your comment on No.3 " 'you should do now!' When I go shopping, I often think so. If I don't get it now, I would miss it!"
I regreted not having bought something that I wanted to and taken by others. However, I also regreted to having bought too manythings by thinking like you. haha so be careful about that.

Carrie さんのコメント...

"Korobanusakinotue" mean, you'd better do things on ahead. I think this mean a little defferent from "a stitch in time saves nine." What do you think?

Naaー♪ さんのコメント...

You said "Time is money." = "Toki ha kane nari."
I thought what "Time is money" mean. So when I read your blog, I satisfied.

king<(`^´)> さんのコメント...

I like your comment no.3 too. Because also I often so...

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Fashionably late meaning is wrong. Check other blogs for the correct answer.